The Lone Rock Community Library is located in the former American Legion Hall next the Community Hall, at 234 N Broadway in Lone Rock, WI 53556
The library is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
Wednesday and Sunday: Closed
Lone Rock Community Library Mission Statement:
The mission of the Lone Rock Community Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
The library goals:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to a) become well-informed, b)locate answers to important questions, c)cultivate the imagination and creative expression, d)develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and e)enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s customers.
- To review regularly these goals of the Lone Rock Community Library and, if necessary, revise them in light of new developments.
Reviewed by the Policy Review Committee, Feb 2012.