Don’t miss this introductory workshop with certified yoga practitioner Lara Carpenter, being offered at NO COST, on Tuesday, February 6th at 5:30 p.m. next door at the Lone Rock Community Hall lower level. Lara will provide background on various types of yoga, and include some practice of poses to get you started. There is a yoga for every fitness level, and you do not need to be flexible to begin! Yoga can help you develop agility, strength, coordination, and an improved sense of physical and mental well-being. The workshop will last 1.5 to 2 hours. Please arrive early, wear comfortable clothing, and bring a mat if you have one (Lara will also have extras). Participants may contact the library to confirm their spot (this step would be appreciated, but is not required in order to attend). If there is sufficient interest following the workshop, a five class series will be offered (at participant’s own expense).
Winter hours will be in effect from January 8th through March 1st, and will be:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and the 2nd Saturday of the month 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Closed Friday and Sunday.
- During January and February, Preschool storytime will be held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month (January 11th and 25th, February 8th and 22nd) at 10:30 a.m.
This holiday season, kids can be “Souper” Readers and help those in need in our community. Find sponsors (family members, neighbors, others) who will donate one can of food (or other non-perishable food item) for each book read in a week’s time. Bring the collected food items to the library, and they will be delivered to the Lone Rock Community Food Pantry. The reader who brings in the most food items will receive a prize! See the link for details and to print the participation form. There is also a collection box at the library for anyone who would like to donate cans / non-perishable food.
Music, games, snacks, and glow-in-the-dark fun at the Lone Rock Community Center on Halloween night, Tuesday October 31st, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Costume judging contest. Spooky fun for all ages!
The dedication ceremony for the Lone Rock Veterans Memorial will be held on Saturday, November 11, 2017, beginning at 10:00 a.m. The memorial is located in Garrison Park, at the corner of STH 130 and Pearl St. Following the ceremony, the Veterans Dinner will be held at the Lone Rock Community Center at 12 noon.
Would you like to discover more about the various types of yoga and the benefits, before you commit to a class? A yoga workshop is forming, with instructor Lara Carpenter, anticipated to be held one evening in November (date to be determined) at the Lone Rock Community Center. Those interested may contact the library at 583-2034.
See link for entry form and details. bookmark contest
MONDAY through THURSDAY 9:00-2:30 and 3:30-5:45 (closed daily from 2:30 to 3:30)
SAT 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month 9:00-1:00
- Please note that the library will close early on Thursday, August 10th. Hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- During the week of August 14th the library will have regular hours on Monday and Tuesday, and will close early on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. (August 16th), and will be closed for the entire day on Thursday (August 17th).
- The library will be open on Saturday, August 19th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.